Saturday, May 2, 2009

It's like playing charades with a blind person!

I've beaten the camera into submission so that I can finally blog again! lol  So recently Krystal told me that someone needed baby stuff and that's all I needed to hear.  I made a blanket, a pair of socks, a pair of those hard to pronounce booties, a little pair of cotton sandals, and a hat.  I love to knit for babies so any excuse is a good one.  

The color on everything is right except the blanket isn't so... neon.  You can hardly see the little colored speckles in the booties, which totally disappointed me.  I love the little speckles.  I'm seriously going to have to force myself to put those in the mailer on Monday!  I actually made the hat because I noticed that readingknitter01 (the lovely lady that started all this baby knitting insanity) had the first hat I made like that in her favorites on ravelry.  I just made this one bigger because I don't think a very warm hat in a newborn size is really a necessity for a baby born at the end of April in California.  lol  Want to see a close up of the edging cause it's so cute?

Of course you do!  lol  That color is totally off.  I fidgeted with that picture forever to try to get it right.  My camera just doesn't like that color.  I do though.  I'm making a mitered square blanket with that color and a darker blue.  I don't have any pictures of that though.  It was interesting getting the three pictures I took.

Yes, three pictures.  *praying Mom doesn't read the blog*  I made Mom a scarf for Mother's Day.

It's the Estonian Garden Scarf pattern by Evelyn A. Clark in my beloved Zephyr in "blueberry".  I loved making this scarf.  Even when it popped off the needles *sob* and I lost about 10 repeats.  I worked on this mostly while watching Twilight so in my head this is the Twilight scarf.  I loved making this so much that I cast on for another one today for me in dark grey Merino Oro.  I'm not loving the Merino Oro though.  We'll see if I can keep plugging along or if there's another ball of Zephyr in my future.  Oh what a sacrifice!  *grin*

(PS readingknitter01 didn't really start the baby knitting insanity.  It's been all baby knitting insanity all the time for me since I learned to knit lol)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Angie- you are a doll!!!Toni and her baby will be so appreciative of your beautiful work!!! She is having a really hard time right now, so such kindness from strangers will really make her happy!!