Tuesday, January 8, 2008

That sounds... I'm not sure how that sounds

Hey guys! So I have a couple things to talk about today. Lets start with the knitting, and end with a questionnaire. So I've been working on my mom's socks that were supposed to be for Christmas... which I'm on the heel of, and only have about 3 inches to go after the heel. I was hoping to finish today but I don't think that's going to happen. Especially if I sit at the computer filling out questionnaires and playing on Ravelry all day...

Let's see, what else... the Fingerless gloves I finished fit like a DREAM, and I love them. I also felt cool wearing them when we went to see "Sweeny Todd" Saturday, as just about everyone is wearing them in that movie. I got in some good knitting on mom's sock in that movie. About 2 inches. Before... I dropped a stitch. And we had this really grumpy old man sitting next to us, who wouldn't let us use our cell phones, and I opened Emmy's so I could look at my stitches and he was all impatient so I couldn't pick it up. I managed to get part of it otn, but the yarn was split, and I couldn't fix it... excellent movie though, I'd love to see it again. It was perfect for knitting, as it was... well, less active than most of the movies I like. So when it's on video, it'll be cool to watch while working something a little more complex. I also really want to make Sweeny Todd's fingerless gloves, along with pretty much everyone else who's seen the movie...


Okay, on to the questionnaire. I just joined this swap that's being ran by Carly, called the Scavenger Hunt Swap. I'm very excited about it, as it's my first swap, so I'm going to go ahead and post the questionnaire now. Yay!

1) Do you knit, crochet or both? How long have you been doing it?
I knit, because I think crochet is vile and evil... seriously, I know how to crochet, but I don't like it. I've been knitting for exactly one year.

2) What is on your needles/hook right now? Three pairs of socks (Monkeys, loksins, and a plain toe up pair), a pair of fingerless gloves in SWS, Swan lake, and later today, Endpaper mitts. (The links are all in my sidebar if there's a pattern I'm following.)

3) What is the most frequently used tool in your knitting bag?
Ha ha, my crochet hook... I drop stitches from time to time. :) Or else my tape measure or stitch markers.

4) What are your 3 favorite yarns (fiber type or brand)? What are your 3 least favorite? My three favorites are Dream in Color Smooshy sock yarn, Patons sws, and Zephyr Lace weight. My least favorites are anything fun fur, most acrylics (I'm a yarn snob...) and anything that's more rough than soft.

5) What is your favorite color?
I'd have to say pink, but blue comes in a close second. I also like pinks with colors you wouldn't expect, like browns or greens. I'm a varigated type of person.


6) If you had a 5 minute shopping spree in your LYS, how would you plan your attack?
Oooh, first head for the sock yarn, grab as much of that as I could, and then the lace weight, as my lys doesn't carry many worsted weights that I like. Ooooh, yeah, and the needles. Small ones, circular, for knitting socks on two circs or via magic loop. Mostly sized one and two.


7) What is your favorite FO and why? (post a pic if you have it!)
My favorite FO that I've made? My Icarus, that I gifted to Angie. See yesterday's post for pics. She posted them.


8) What are your favorite things to knit/crochet?
I like socks and fingerless gloves. Mainly accessories I guess, though I really do love lace.

9) Do you collect anything? Besides dpns? Um... well, I collect DVDs... and pictures. I have an extraordinary amount of pictures for someone my age... oooh yeah, and weird socks. I'm a weird sock person.

10) What are your five favorite things (not necessarily knitting related)?
Wow, this is a tough one... lets see. Ohio State football, the Pittsburgh Steelers, Harry Potter, my dogs, and... photography? I don't know, that's a really hard question... I also like to write...


11) Are you on Ravelry? What is your ID?
Yup! My ID is Krystalclear2006


12) Do you drink tea/coffee/cocoa?
Yes. All of them. I especially like chamomile and fruity teas. I'm definitely a coffee drinker. I use milk in my coffee. I also like cocoa, but only sometimes.


13) Favorite Sweets?
I love those ferrero rocher candies, and dark chocolate.


14) Any allergies? Coconuts. Seriously. Coconuts. And dogs, but that one I have under control.

15) Do you have pets? kids?
No kids, but I have two dogs, a chocolate lab named Storm and a yellow one named Mattie... and a beta fish named Jack. Actually, Captain Jack.

I hope I went in the right direction with all of those answers. You should go join us in the swap, it'll be fun! Thanks for stopping by! :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Cool, I went and signed up. Yup, you had to twist my arm so hard that you probably heard it snap 100 miles away. Off to work on my 2nd sock, so I can justify CO for something new. I need to justify that....right?

Anonymous said...

Just blog checking :) Thanks for having your questionnaire up!

Carly

Anonymous said...

I was shopping today! :) I think that I am about done with you! I have one more catagory left. That is the free choice. Might take me a bit to come up with something I think is awesome.