Thursday, May 14, 2009

You are 46% Bacon

Today is MAY 14TH.  MAY 14TH!!!!

Why am I so worked up about today's date?  Here's how I was dressed to go for a walk tonight.

Confused?  Here, here's another hint

Why yes, that is snow.  I think I died and went to hell.  Except I believe in reincarnation.  *cracks up*

Anyway, I didn't blog to show you that.  I blogged to show you this.

That's Olivia's birthday sweater.  Well, it's the first one.  I want to make another one that has a hood.  Probably a tomten like last year (there aren't any pictures of the tomten there.  Apparently I didn't get any.  Just Olivia's first birthday pics).  It's Bernat Baby Sport in "Rosey Posey".  I'd say the color is close in that picture.  It's just a tiny bit lighter than that.  I loved knitting this sweater and I think I managed to crank it out in 48 hours.  I'm not sure.  I used size 8 needles to get 4.5 spi so that it would come out around a size 3/4.  It's actually a little shorter than I planned because I failed to account for the weight of the sweater stretching it out when I did my last measurement before starting the garter on the bottom.  Oh well, I don't imagine it'll fit for long anyway.  I hear she's a chunky little monkey.  *smile*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you're in weather hell. And DH says that he's more than 46% bacon.

Tracy said...

Love the mittens and the sweater!

Heather said...

What a cute sweater. And snow in May...that isn't awesome at all. Hope you have no more snow until next year. Or ever....snow is totally over rated.