Saturday, September 20, 2008

I hate knitting boobles too

Wow, it's been 10 days since I blogged! Yikes!

I haven't been blogging at least for the few days because there's not much to blog about. Well, first, I lost my electricity because of Ike (the hurricane, not a person) so I guess that's blog worthy. I feel bad complaining because I only lost it for a few days and some people still don't have power, and some people lost everything, but... it's completely unfair. I mean, if I wanted to have hurricanes, I would live by a beach. I don't live within 500 miles of the nearest ocean. If not more. That's just... irritating, ya know?

Anyway, we have power now, but all I've had the brain capacity for is garter stitch. Seriously, just want to knit. That's so unlike me, you have no idea. But I did start and finish this in the past few days.

It's a preemie baby blanket. That picture is taken with the blanket laying on my computer chair. No WAY that's big enough for a baby. Poor little babies. OSU Medical Center is in desperate need of them, so if anyone lives in the area, you can make one and give them to the Yarn Shop in Columbus or Reynoldsburg and we'll take them there for you. Just needs to be DK weight and 15 inches square.

The yarn is Bernat Jacquards in the "Berries and Cream" colorway. I LOVE this yarn. Can not get enough of the squishiness. I'm about to wash it, so I'll let you know how it does.

I also made two Halloween Dishclothes in a weird garter stitch pattern that I sorta made up, though I'm sure it's been done. I'll post what I did when I post the pictures. Meaning after I weave in my ends.

Everyone make it through Ike ok?

No comments: