Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It'll slip right into that milk jug

Hey guys, what's up? Want to know what's up here? YARN! I've gotten so much yarn in the past two days... fasten your seat belts. It's going to be a very fun ride. :) Jumping right into it... 9after a brief pause to wonder about the metaphor... if we're wearing seat belts, how are we jumping? hmm..)

This is the yarn I got yesterday from knitpicks. (The idea just occurred to me that most people don't like to share every little yarn purchase. Well... isn't that just sad. I mean, don't we all like to see what everyone else got?) Anyway, From top left to bottom right, that's gloss in the woodland sage colorway, for my Edens; Wool of the Andes in arctic pool heather and dove heather, for my Celtic Memories bag (I couldn't decide which to get, so I got both.); and then shine sport, in sky and river, for Sheldon. Yes, a blue turtle. I know. Turtles are green. Moving on...

This is today's yarn acquisition. Is that the right word? Anyway... lets do it like this. Start at the left and then go across the top, the middle, and the bottom. Lorna's Laces shepherd sport, two skeins, one in tickled pink and one in Devon (I'm not sure what I'm making with these... probably fingerless gloves); a skein of OnLine supersocke 100... which I had never heard of but I loooove the bright colors. Click the picture to make it bigger and check out those colors. So bright. Next is a ball of Noro Sock, color 180. I like the colors, but I don't know how much I like the base yarn. But curiosity killed the... wait, I'm not a cat. Anyway...

Next, you on the next row, is a ball of patons sws in natural earth. For no reason other than to have it. I have a bit of a problem when it comes to this yarn... Next to that is four balls of cotton ease, in violet, lime, snow, and taupe, for a log cabin baby blanket-along Angie and I are going to do. And then, finally, a skein of BRIGHT blue cascade 220. Phew. That's... a LOT of yarn. No... that's a LOT of linking! Ahhh! :) I obviously have had a bad week and needed to spend all of my money on yarn. What else would I spend it on though, really?

Other than buying yarn, I have been knitting some. I even finished a cuff for Eden yesterday. See?

Well, that's just part of it. You'll have to take my word for it that it's done though. I love this yarn. So pretty. I'm in love with the color.

And also, I can't come up with anything for the ABC-along for J, so, I'm skipping it. I'll come back to it soon. I promise. I do have a K though.

K is for... Krystal! Duh! :)

No comments: