Sunday, June 1, 2008

I need two skeins of yarn and a hooker

Hello there, peeps! What's cookin? Not much here. Mostly just more reading. I'm trying to read the Anita Blake series in record time. The series is so. good. I love it. But in my free (read: non reading) time, I did manage to finish the two fishies, which are now lost to the wilderness (read: my apartment mid spring cleaning). I stuffed one with a crinkley ball and some stuffing and the other with cat nip and some stuffing. She definitely likes the cat nip.

But of course, she loves everything. Her current favorite past time? Trying to get me kicked out of my apartment. (We're only allowed two pets. She makes number 3.)

But, she really likes the window sill, so... what are you going to do? :) Anyway, I also finished Eden number one. Sort of. Here it is pre leaf cuff.

And the palm...

And after sewing on the cuff (which wasn't NEARLY as hard as I'd imagined. Really. In fact, it was much much harder to knit the 10 rows of ribbing. But then, I hate k1p1...)

The problem? The cuff is a little too small. Which ruins the way it fits. It's ok though. I'm going to unattach it, and make another one with one more leaf. Or maybe with size 3 needles. I don't know. But I do know that it would fit if my arm was smaller. But it's not. So... there ya go. It's ok though, I'll fix it. Later. Sometime. Now, cross your fingers and hope my yarn gets here tomorrow so I can start the real gloves. :)

1 comment:

Knit and fall back in it said...

Gorgeous kitty and the Eden looks great.

I hate waiting for the mailman, I hope your yarn comes soon.