Sunday, October 26, 2008

You probably have to go to Mexico for that

Hello there! What did you guys do this weekend? Didn't do much here yesterday, just watched OSU lose to Penn state. :( Then today, besides watching Pittsburgh lose to the Giants (which wasn't actually that bad... I mean, it sucks because I'm a Steelers fan, but it's ok because I really like Eli Manning) I went to my sister's house. At her house, it was Trick or Treating tonight, and I got to pass out candy. It was... alright. Not the most exciting thing, and the kids were kinda rude (most of them don't even say anything but "thank you." When I was a kid, I had to say "Trick or Treat" and thank you or else I didn't get to keep walking around.) but I got to see some cool costumes including, and I kid you not, a girl dressed as a shower. She had one of those circular shower curtain rods with a curtain on it mounted somehow on her shoulder. Very funny. My nephews were Darth Vador and a Clone. They're practically obsessed with star wars.

Me? I was a black cat. See?

There's a better picture, blurry wise, but I like my hair better in this one, so it wins. My sister and brother in law didn't dress up, but they were in their Cleveland Browns clothes. I said "Oh, god, you're going as Brown's fans? That's fricken scary."

Anyway, I realized today that I haven't shown you a picture of my Gelato socks. I'm working them two at a time, but not both of the same sock. I'm doing that one, and a secret sock I can't show you cause it's for Angie for Christmas. But I can show you this one.

Pretty, no? It's on my new sock blocker from The Loopy Ewe. I also got the Duet Skinny sock yarn that I'm making my newest socks, Anastasia socks, out of. I'm doing these two at a time on magic loop using a size 1.5 circular needle from knit picks. I. Love. This. Needle. This yarn may be a little expensive, but it's worth it. It's spun neatly and I really really like it.

Yeah, I know, not much, but it's a start yes?

No comments: