Monday, August 25, 2008

Old people don't reproduce

She said "Let there be dye." And there was dye.


And she saw that it was good.

Hehe, sorry. I felt all giddy and god-like earlier. Cause I created that yarn. (Well, not from scratch. I didn't spin it or anything...). It is PERFECT. It's exactly what I hoped it would be. Silver. I mean, it's not dry yet, but based on what I've seen so far, It is awesome. The yarn is knitpicks bare lace weight. The dye was the Jacquard acid dye from knitpicks, in silver gray. I wanted the yarn to be silver so that I can use copper or gold beads on it for Mystery Stole 4. If you like knitting lace, I would seriously suggest you sign up for this. Because at worst, you won't like it and will rip it. Or not have time for it. But even if you don't have time for it, if you sign up in time, it's free, and that pattern will be for sale later.

Anyway, today I dyed my new yarn, but before that, I watched Lord of the Rings: The fellowship of the ring (for the 100th time probably) and made a pair of
Saartje's booties (pdf). I love them. I did not love seeming them. Or sewing on the buttons. I didn't like the way the loop of the original was done, so I changed it and added a little crocheted chain. Which I also hated doing. But look how cute they turned out!!!

The yarn is leftover lorna's laces from my Spirogyra's. The buttons say "baby" because those are the only four matching buttons I had that were small enough that weren't plain.

And finally...

N is for Nails!
I know, I skipped N before, going straight to O but... well... I forgot about it lol. ETA: Actually, I lied. I didn't skip N, but I did forget about it. I did n is for nose! Thanks Heather for pointing it out! So...now I have two? :) Anyway, my nails are a point of pride for me. I could NEVER have nails before. Even if I got them done it was painful (because of my cuticles being chewed) and they didn't last. But look at them now!

All ten of them are like that! It's sooooo awesome!! Thank you, knitting. And on the seventh day, she rested. ;) That's what I'm gonna do now.

No comments: