Friday, August 8, 2008

Because you can't pet a live acrylic

Well, the Ravelympics are upon us! Probably getting more worldwide attention than the actual Olympics lol! Being the trendy person I am (yeah, right) I decided to play along. I am making my friend Wendy's Under the Rose fingerless gloves and I have to say, I don't think they're going to be enough of a challenge. The problem? I LOVE them.


Love love love love love them. And I want to keep knitting on them all day! However, they're the TINIEST bit too small for me (I have big wrists) so they may end up a gift. So, if I DO finish them both, maybe I'll make a pair for myself? I'm making them in Baby Ull which is a 100% merino wool fingering weight yarn and it's soooo soft. Baby soft. Really.


I'm making them in navy and white, but the pair for me may end up red or pink and white. I'm not sure yet. Anyway, I have discovered that I have a bit of an obsession with two color ribbing. I was sad when it was over. :( But it looks so good!!! I love it.

Wendy? You ROCK!!

You know who else rocks? Dianna, aka Knitasaur, a friend I met on Ravelry. She heard that I hadn't bought my copy of Under the Rose yet and she knew I was going to do them for my Olympic project so she BOUGHT IT FOR ME!!! I have never been so happy! I felt so lucky! Aren't my friends the awesomest??? I LOVES them. Thank you again Dianna!!!

Wow, I must be hyped. I used a ton of exclamation points and question marks... lol no more caffeine.

Anyone else doing an Olympic project? Whatcha doin?

2 comments:

Heather said...

I don't think I am going to. I really haven't touched needles in forever. I have been shooting a lot! I wanted to see if you were still "alive" you haven't blogged in forever! Hugs!!!

Knit and fall back in it said...

Since I am partial to all things blue, I think those are beautiful, but they would be just as lovely in red or pink.