Friday, January 30, 2009

Yes, I'm knitting doilies with foil

Things have been very knit filled here the past few days. First of all, I have been kicking BUTT on my clap. I've got the body of it over a third done, and it's soooo pretty. I also started and finished the baby socks from the other day. I broke the yarn for both of them so the stripe pattern would be ok, and I ended up switching the socks and the ends of the ball, and so the stripe pattern is a little wonky, but I don't really care. They're just baby socks, and they're wicked adorable. See?

I also started a dishcloth last night, and finished it today. The dishcloth is a complete mystery. First of all, I used way over half a ball. In the pic, you see how much I have, which was more than I thought I had left, but still less than half a ball. Usually they only take about half a ball. Also, as I was knitting it, I was excited because there would be no pooling, you know, since every row is a different number of stitches (I used the grandmothers favorite pattern since it's so easy) and then, in the middle of the thing, I got serious pooling. It was quite confusing lol!

Next on the agenda, I'll be making something from this for someone I love. :)

Any ideas about what and who? hehe... And if you already know, don't guess *cough*Angie*cough* ok?

3 comments:

SusanB-knits said...

I love the baby socks! I think the stripes going opposite are cute. And the washcloth, my MIL loves them. So every couple of months a knit a few and send them to her.

Tracy said...

very cute! I kinda like the pooling.

Is that kettle dyed in Bordeaux, or is it wine? that's one of my favorites! I think I know what you're knitting, but I won't say....

smariek said...

Cute baby socks. I'm trying to learn how to knit socks, I prolly shoulda done a baby sock instead of a full size sock using fingerling weight yarn.

Grandma's Favorite is a great dishcloth pattern. One of my favorite cloths to use around the house (oddly enough, not for washing dishes).