Wednesday, March 5, 2008

mp[r. zi drr

I'm pleased to inform you all that while I am still mourning the loss of my beloved Jack, I couldn't handle seeing his tank sitting there all forlorn and... empty, anymore, so we had to go out and get a new fishie today. I'd like you all to welcome the newest member of ma famille....

Brutus. Aka, Brutus Buckeye. I ALMOST posted a poll on what you all thought his name should be, but I was trying to explain the actual color that he is to Angie, and I said "He's really Buckeye Scarlet" and... it just hit me. He's BUCKEYE Scarlet. Now I feel stupid for buying the green and blue rocks... next time, he gets gray all the way. I might even try to find a buckeye related thing for his tank...

I think I'm going to get rid of the plant. He keeps running into it, and I have to say, it really seems to freak him out. And, I had to put SOMETHING in there for him to hide behind, so I TEMPORARILY gave him Jack's treasure. I think Jack would've been ok with that. Except, Brutus is a little... er... temperamental. No, that's not it. He's... well...

Mean. That's how he ALWAYS looks at me. I'm afraid he may not like me as much as Jack.

Look! Knitting has been done. When I'm not casting on and frogging Dave's fingerless gloves (not going so well...) or inhaling romance novels, I've been doing this.

I'm starting to worry that I'm using the wrong needles. Which will REALLY be sad. But I KNOW the other sock just... grew and grew. So I'm hoping I'm wrong. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

3 comments:

Turtle said...

Welcome to the newest member! Lol, he'll learn to love you, especially seeing you feed him! The knitting looks cool.

Heather said...

wow that sock has gotten much bigger!

Brutus is cool! I have to agree with you and say that your camera definetly doesn't like reds, as he looks more orangy than scarlet.

Rainbow is doing well, I stuck the tip of my index finger in his tank yesterday and he "kissed" it. Okay...it was right before I fed him and I think he was trying to eat me.....but......

Diane said...

I like your tank! I'm going to be babysitting my daughter's fish next week, lol, if you want to call it that. She has a guppy named William. He's at my house now, so is she, she hasn't left yet for her spring break trip. Hope I don't kill the poor thing, or that the cats don't get to him.