Saturday, March 8, 2008

Right... Cause that's where I keep my crazy!

Yay! I'm not dead and Blogger is letting me blog! lol I am feeling much better today. I'm still coughing and there's still crud in my lungs but it's not so much that I'm wanting to die to make it stop. Compared to this time last week I'm great!

So anyway, what have I been doing?

Well, I started a ripple baby blanket. I'd show you the pattern but I don't remember where I got it (blame the fever). It's just your basic ripple blanket done in two row stripes. When I was very sick this was just about the only thing I wanted to work on. No thinking required.




For about 4 days there I didn't knit at all. Not a single stitch.

Then I made these.




These are baby mittens from my own pattern. I'm a little concerned they might not be long enough, but as I have no one around of the newborn persuasion (Miss O is too big for these now. You'd never know it from the pics at that link!) I guess I'll just have to send them to Krystal as is and hope for the best. If I weren't unsure about the length issue I'd post the pattern. I call it "Itty Bitty Munchkin Mitties". Ah the cuteness.

And then I made these.




These are also from my own pattern. I don't think I've ever made a pair of baby socks from a pattern. In fact, it's hard for me to make any socks at all from a pattern since I understood the basics of sock construction. This will be a freebie once I work out some gauge issues and get it written up. I'm working on a pair in adult size right now. The pattern will be for baby, toddler, child, and adult sizes, I think. I'm calling the pattern "Twisty Toasty Toes" because, even though you can't see in this picture because it was taken in bad light, they're done in a mini cabled rib. I adore this pattern.

I love the yarn too. Krystal dyed it. It's knitpicks bare sock yarn and I call the colorway "Who Stepped in My Fruit Loops??" It's so squishy and soft. The problem is it's a smidge chunky for fingering weight. So I'm adjusting the pattern to work with Patons Kroy. I think I'll be casting on for another pair in the baby size in the cream colored yarn I used for my Loksins to show the stitch pattern better. And because I've made two pairs of these baby socks and I haven't gotten enough yet.

Anyway, that's what I'm up to!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Very nice! I am glad to hear you are feeling better!

Sending them to Krystal, eh?!!? Is Krystal stocking up or does she need to fess up to something?

Glad to see you among the living.

Diane said...

Glad you're feeling better! The tiny mittens and socks are so cute. They make me want to have a grandchild, lol!