Friday, April 4, 2008

I'm the president of jelly beans!!!!!

Hey y'all! I'm allowed to say that, I've got West Virginia in my genes. Sorry I went MIA there for a bit. It's immigration time again. Which means it's time for me to renew my visa. And it's time for me to finish up my immigration stuff. Or at least my end of it, since we have the money now. So to say I'm stressed would be an understatement. The good news is I finally figured out what the agency that gives out health cards wanted from me and that means a health card should be in my immediate future. Which might mean someone to wear these.





Pattern: Saartje's Fleeglized Bootie
Yarn: Socks That Rock Lightweight in Fire On The Mountain
Needles: size 2 circular for the bottom and size 2 dpns once the circ began to irritate the crap out of me.

I love it. As soon as I finish this post I'm going to go knit the other one. Or as much as I can get done in the hour and a half or so that I have before I go down and start dinner.

What else have I been doing in my absence? Let's see... Remember, most of this I have no pictures of because finding the camera and actually taking pictures has just been too much lately. Umm... I finished a pair of child medium size socks for no one in particular. I've started a blanket for my aging cat back in Ohio who is driving my mother absolutely crazy laying on everything anyone lays down. I'm hoping she'll find the blanket more comfy than Dad's coat or Mom's knitting. I'm working on a pair of plain fingerless gloves for DH. And I learned to knit two socks at once on the same dpns.

Go back and read that again if you need to.

It's really not all that hard. If you've ever done double knitting or did fair isle two handed you're already well on your way. The hardest part is preventing the two strands of yarn from getting twisted together. I ran into a problem in the heel and didn't realize it till I was ready to graft the toes. Here's a picture so you can see that they are actually one inside the other.



The thing that annoyed me the most was this:


My yarn got miserably tangled and nothing I could do would fix it. I hate it when yarn does this. And it's always sock yarn. I think it has something to do with how tightly spun sock yarn is.

I have two more photos to leave you with that aren't knitting related at all. Well, I guess you could say one is since I'm in it. But I don't think that counts.


This is Miss O thinking DH making a teddy bear talk to her is the funniest thing in the world. This is the kid who is afraid of a frog stuffy that croaks when you push a button. I don't get it. lol


Then Miss O and I shared a popsicle. It all went well till she decided she was a big girl who could hold it herself. Then I had to take it away and the screaming ensued. It's ok though, she's so cute she could scream in my ear all night and it doesn't bother me the slightest.

That's all. Just wanted to stop in and say I'm still alive. Once things settle down again I should be posting more regularly.

No comments: