Sunday, December 9, 2007

I'll be honest with you; it's not going to tickle

So, I'm soooo close to being done with the garden path socks. I have less than half a repeat to do and then the ribbing and I'll be DONE. I'm so excited. This will officially be my first completed matching pair of socks! Whoo! That is just so cool to me... I would take a picture but... seriously folks, it looks the same as the other one. I worked on them last night while watching "Fred Clause" and let me go on record saying that doing a charted pattern, even one you have memorized, is not as easy as pie. But it was either work on that or work on my mom's sock... which is still in the toe stage, and I'm picking up wraps. That would NOT be pleasant so... Everyone cross you're fingers and hope I'll finish today.

You know, I can not wait to finish up Christmas knitting (besides Emmy's present, I need to do my mom's second sock and a pair of Fetching for my sil. There's time, right? Oh, man... whatever you do, do NOT look at the countdown on the sidebar...) because I have so many fun things to start. First of all, I want to do a pair of Monkey's in my smooshy sock yarn I got a while back. (I am NOT linking to the monkeys. You don't know what they are, then you can google them. But I can assure you, you know what they are.) I also want to do something out of Victorian Lace Today with my Zephyr lace weight I got a couple of weeks ago.

Ha ha, I'm gonna finish here with a funny story. The other day, the Yarn Harlot wrote a post about the socks she just finished. They are the embossed leaves socks from the book favorite socks. She linked to the book on amazon and I'm like "That sounds familiar, I'm gonna click the link and see what it looks like." So I do and I open the link and I'm like "Oh, that's right, a lot of people have made things from that book, I should check it out. Wait a second..." then I jump up and ran over to my bookcase and... yeah, that's like, one of the only four knitting books I own. DUH! What a nut job, I swear... saying "That looks familiar..." Oy.

Anyway, thanks for stopping in, and stay tuned. I'm pretty sure Angie is going to blog either today or... sometime soon, about her adventures with Icarus.

No comments: