Friday, December 7, 2007

Penguins? Yeah, they're okay

I'm happy to Welcome you to our newest blog! My bestest friend in the world, Angie, and I (Krystal) decided we should do a co-blog, so Angie, the technical adviser here at Yarn Mafia, got to work starting us up, and here we are! If you want to you can visit my personal blog, or Angie's personal blog, to see where we came from.

I guess now is the part where I tell you what yarn mafia is all about. Well, Angie and I are, obviously, knitters, and this is going to be the place where we post our projects, complain about the complexities (or boring-ness) of patterns, and maybe even post a pattern or two. I should warn you all now, Angie also does a lot of... crocheting. I know, it's horrible, but what can I do? I guess support her through the sickness and hope, nay, pray, that someday she'll recover...

Oh yeah, and the best part? Every time we post, we're going to put a funny thing that one of us has said as the title! So the blog titles are going to be unique, and not make any sense! Isn't that awesome! I know I'm excited!

So, I guess it's time to get started. Would you all like to know what I'm working on? Of course you would! (Wow, I think I had too much caffeine today...) Ok, here's a list of my, ahem... works in progress. First off, my mom's Christmas socks. I'm done with the first one, and I'm actually working on the second one! I'm so proud... I'm almost done with the second toe. They are done with Wendy's generic toe-up sock pattern, size one dpns, and Socks that rock Rocktober medium weight. Here's a picture of the first finished sock.

Next up is Wendy Johnson's "garden path sock," purchased at "The Loopy Ewe" a while back. I'm finished with the first one...

And strangely enough, almost finished with the second one. It's made with two US size one circular needles, and socks that rock "Little Bunny Foo Foo." These socks are known affectionately in this house as my "little bunny garden path socks." I have less than 1.5 pattern repeats, and then the ribbing, to do. The last sock in my WIP list is... loksins. Now, loksins and I have a history, let's call it a love-hate relationship. I LOVE the pattern. I like the yarn. I can't finish it. I don't know why. They are done in "Pace" sock yarn which I don't know of a good link so... and the colorway is just "red."

You can't tell from the picture but it's absolutely gorgeous. Next up on my list is my big honking UFO (unfinished object for those who don't know.) Here it is.

Mystery Stole three, also known as Swan Lake. I like this, a lot, but I'm probably going to frog it because... well, I don't see myself wearing it. I think I've more than proved that I could do it, which was in fact my goal anyway. I may dye the yarn like, a light gray color and use it and the beads for something else. It's made out of Merino Oro wool.

That's about it from me right now, other than Christmas knitting. I'm done with my mil's scarf, but it needs blocked an tasseled. I'll post a picture when it's done. Everything else, I can't talk about because the people the gifts are for may see it. That's all for now!

No comments: