Friday, December 14, 2007

Since when do ducks fly?

Ok, so this Christmas knitting thing? A LOT harder than it looks. I mean... it's not that I don't have time for everything but... I haven't quite gotten down the whole... putting so much of myself into something and then just... giving it away. Ya know? I guess I'm just selfish, or maybe it's because I really haven't been knitting that long, but I can't do it anymore right now. I'm done with just a little more than the toe on my mom's second sock, and I still need to finish Becky's gift, and I need to decide whether or not I'm making something for Linda... seriously, I haven't even done that. But I just CAN'T do it anymore so...

The Fake Isle hat was born this morning. I knew I wanted to do it and picked out the yarn I just... hadn't started it yet. I'm a little worried that I'm not going to like the colors, after seeing someone who made it with the same main color and white instead of indigo but... we'll see. I'm making it in Patons sws, the colors Natural Blue and Natural Indigo, with a size 8 16 inch circular. I'm making the larger size because... well I didn't check my gauge but Angie said that hers was a little small and so... yeah, that's going to bite me later, isn't it? Oh well.

Anyway, Wednesday, my friends Emmy, Adeana, and I went to this concert called Jingle Ball, which is basically a Christmas concert with a bunch of different bands. We saw Blake Lewis, One Republic, Colbie Caillat (if that's how you spell her name...) and the Backstreet Boys. It was pretty fun. Not as much fun as Hanson but... nothing could be. :) Before the concert, I got a picture of Adeana, in the Burger King Crown, just like Emmy and I, and wearing her Christmas present, the scarf I made a long time ago. If you want to see when I made it, click here.

It even matched her shirt! Anyway, I'm off now to work on the fake isle hat. Thanks for stopping by! Also, stay tuned soon for Angie's tutorial on picking up dropped stitches... right Angie?

No comments: