Thursday, December 27, 2007

That's practically like licking a sheep!

Wow, so I hate lots to update you all on! First off, I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah, or a good Yule... we could go on a while here. :) Mine was perfectly fine, with the exception of the burden of the children of poverty... but you all know where I stand there. I know what you're here for. You want to hear details of knitting related presents, don't you? :) I knew it. I'm on to you, ya know. Well, you've come to the right place! I got more than I expected that was knitting related, but not everything was on my list. First off, I got three books. Knit Socks, by Betsy Lee McCarthy, Wendy Knits, by Wendy Johnson, and...


Yup, you see correctly. The Holy Grail. Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac. I also got this chart keeper from Knit Picks... I love it.


Look how cute the outside is!

I also got this thing that's supposed to be a shoe organizer but we thought it would be cool to store individual projects in. I just haven't gotten around to putting it all together yet... the bad news? It's 15 slots. That's... a lot of ufo's just waiting to happen! Then, non knitting related, my mom got me this.

You can't see quite how pretty it is but... it's gorgeous. I love it, completely. It's my birthstone, and it fits me perfectly. I almost cried when I saw it. I also got a lot of other non-knitting related gifts, including lots of dog related stuff from Dave's side of the family, and a spring form pan from my sister, gift cards... I got WAY more than I wanted to get, but here's my complaint: If they're going to spend money on me, why don't they stick to the list I gave them. I mean, I may not be surprised by anything but then at least I get what I want and not stuff that I'm never going to use.. my side of the family was really good about that, or at least getting me stuff that I might not have asked for but that has really good use but I got a lot of stuff from the other side that I really like but might not really be able to use, ya know? Man I'm such a selfish... I don't know what I am but it's not good. Ugh, I hate being American sometimes lol. We're all raised this way, all selfish... anyway, rant over. I'm off the soap box.

Look! I cast on for a pair of Monkeys yesterday!

With my Dream in Color Smooshy that was my reward for finishing Icarus. (You know what? I'm not even gonna bother to link to either of those patterns. Monkeys are everywhere, and I know I've linked to Icarus before. Check it out. I bet I have...) That picture is pretty true to color, but it's maybe a little lighter. It's the colorway "Cool Fire." I LOVE them. Can't wait to finish! My goal? To have sock number one done by 12:00 AM New Years Day. Yikes. Must go knit now.

No comments: