Sunday, January 27, 2008

You burnt my butt. Now I'm mad

Today's post is going to focus on phases. Does anyone else find they go through various phases in their crafty lives? For example... for the last year, my thing has, obviously, been knitting. Now, in the course of the past year, I've been pretty much exclusively knitting. Before that, it was cross-stitching. Since I've started knitting, cross-stitching has completely gone out the window. I thought the next thing for me would be crochet, but that doesn't come to me as naturally as knitting. Throughout the knitting phase, however, I've found myself doing other things for days or weeks at a time. Reading, exclusively, and never knitting. Writing with every spare second, as though if I don't write it something horrible will happen. My latest thing is html. Although I'm sensing a problem with the html thing. I love it, and it's so incredible when I do html and it works... but I don't think I'm creative enough for it. That's ok though, I'm going to keep going. I'm thinking about designing a yarn mafia page, not because we need a new one... on the contrary, I love this one. Just as practice. Would you guys be interested in seeing it IF I ever get it up?

In the meantime, the little tiny bit of knitting I've done in the past two days was devoted to making Dave a pair of black ribbed fingerless gloves. He requested them upon seeing how I never take mine off. In the past two days, I've done a total of about an inch of ribbing. Which is getting ripped because it's too big. *sigh* Oh well. Back to the html thing. :) Wish I had better knitting news to talk about, but don't worry. I will most definitely be coming back to it. I just need to quit spending so much time at the computer. :) Hey, stick around... I hear Angie's going to blog about her knitterly goodness tomorrow. ;)

6 comments:

Heather said...

I would love to see a Yarn Mafia page you made. Hey if you wanted more practice you could do one for me as well...LOL! I know what you mean about cycles. I knit pretty much always, but my other hobbies aside from spinning not too much. I do enjoy them, I just don't feel like I do when I am knitting. When I am knitting something I really want to knit...it is fun and I can't stop. But I know I am also a process knitter, and I don't care about the end product....so if I finish...I don't care.

Good luck on the ribbing. Oh and we got rainbow a heater yesterday, and a thermomter (its like 60 in the tank...brrr...) so we will set up the heater today.

Anonymous said...

I would like to see you do more knitting lol! Whats wrong with your Yarn Mafia blog? It looks great!

Krystal said...

LOL I know.... I have been knitting today... after a small issue of bending back a size one dpn that my dog... well, he bent it in half. :) So I worked on my endpaper mitts and the baby blanket today... I'm going to go knit some more now. There's nothing wrong with the blog now... thank you for saying so!!! I just need SOMETHING to practice on lol.

Anonymous said...

Krystal.... Check your email :) I want to go shopping tomorrow!
The Fiber Freak!

Heather said...

Thanks for the suggestion of the heater....Rainbow is swimming around the tank like a crazed fishie and making bubbles!! Chicken wants me to take a photo of rainbow to show you....maybe some other time!

Heather said...

No photo of fake isle yet...after school perhaps, as I finished it late last night and this morning she had it on her head and out the door before I could grab my camera. it was a late day...waking 12 min before Chicken had to be at school...but we made it!! Giggles got to school fine, I fell back asleep before Chicken had to get up!