Saturday, February 23, 2008

Guard your shiny things closely

Thank you guys for all of your well wishes. You'll be happy to know I'm feeling much better, I just am getting tired really easily. I have been knitting like crazy the past couple of days. I finished the Fingerless gloves for my scavenger hunt buddy. Would you like to see a picture?

Too bad. I forgot. That's all you get. :) I'll be sure to have her take a picture of them when she gets them, and I'll show you then. I also finished the Gryffindor Pants.

Except for the i-cord. Don't you love the way one leg is longer than the other? I used the duplicate stitch tutorial Angie gave me, along with a chart that I made up, and let me tell you. I do NOT like duplicate stitch. Probably because my left hand is to dumb to do part of it, but my right hand is too dumb to do the other part, so I constantly have to switch the needle back and forth. UGH, it's hellish. I had such a headache when I finally finished. But it was SO totally worth it, look how cute! Now he has perfect little Quidditch training pants. In other knitting news, I am on to the gussets of my second monkey.

I love love love this yarn. I can NOT say it enough. I just haven't been up to working with the tiny yarn lately. Because of the cold meds, my hands start to shake. So that got put on the back burner in lieu of other, bigger yarned projects. First, I cast on for another pair of baby pants. (See sidebar for link to pattern.) I'm using my Bernat Camouflage that I got the other day.

It's definitely flashing but that's ok. It's still waaaay cuter than I expected. I'm at the first increase round. And then, because my pinky started hurting from all of the dpns yesterday, I cast on for Elizabeth Zimmermann's Baby Sweater on two Needles, from here on out refered to as the February Baby Sweater.

This is my first EVER sweater, so keep your fingers crossed for me. Yes, I know, that's a LOT of knitting. No, I don't have a life. Why do you ask? Oh, look! My husband FINALLY had the money to get me Roses for Valentine's Day!

Happy news. I'm going to go get a ribbon to tie around the vase. Have a good weekend!

P.S. My dad fell down outside today, and he's in the hospital with a dislocated hip. So keep us in your thoughts!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Oh no! I hope your dad is OK.

I can't wait to see how those camo pants turn out. I've got the pink camo stuff too for some fingerless mitts, haven't used it yet though.

Pretty flowers!